ARTICLE ENTITLED: "KL CONSORTIUM NAMED THE PREFERRED BIDDER Ibra: It will take over Jakarta's toll road project"
|Type||Reply to query|
|Reply to Query Letter by KLSE reference ID||ZO-010302-61416|
|Subject||ARTICLE ENTITLED: "KL CONSORTIUM NAMED THE PREFERRED BIDDER |
Ibra: It will take over Jakarta's toll road project"
- We refer to the Exchange's query of 2 March 2001 on the above article appearing in the New Straits Times, Business
Section on Friday, 2 March 2001 :-
1. "The Indonesian Bank Restructuring Agency (Ibra) has named a Malaysian consortium led by DRB-Hicom Bhd as the preferred bidder to take over the Jakarta Outer Ring Road toll project...."
2. "...the consortium had agreed to provide 800 billion rupiah (RM328 million) for land acquisition...."
3. "The Malaysian consortium comprises.........Ranhill Corporation Berhad.........."
4. "....of which the Malaysian consortium had agreed to boot 1.2 trillion rupiah...."
5. "The Malaysian investors would own 53 per cent in JLJ....."
After making due enquiries within the Malaysian Consortium, we wish to inform as follows:-
- The Malaysian Consortium comprises Perspec Prime (M) Sdn Bhd and Comtrac Sdn Bhd (both subsidiaries of DRB-Hicom Berhad Group), Ranhill Corporation Sdn Bhd (a substantial shareholder of Ranhill Berhad) and Road Builder (M) Sdn Bhd, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Road Builder (M) Holdings Bhd.
c.c. Issues and Investment Division
Query Letter Contents :
We refer to the above news article appearing in New Straits Times, Business
section, page 25, on Friday, 2 March 2001, a copy of which is enclosed for your
In particular, we would like to draw your attention to the underlined sentences
which are reproduced as follows:-
"The Indonesian Bank Restructuring Agency (Ibra) has named a Malaysian
consortium led by DRB-Hicom Bhd as the preferred bidder to take over the
Jakarta Outer Ring Road toll project ..."
"... the consortium had agreed to provide 800 billion rupiah (RM328 million)
for land acquisition which was supposed to come from the Government, Syahrial
"The Malaysian consortium comprises ... Ranhill Corporation Berhad."
In accordance with the Exchange's Corporate Disclosure Policy, you are
requested to furnish the Exchange with an announcement for public release
confirming or denying the above reported article and in particular the
underlined sentences after due and diligent enquiry with all the directors,
substantial shareholders and all such other persons reasonably familiar with
the matters about which the disclosure is to be made in this respect. In the
event you deny the above sentences or any other part of the above reported
article, you are required to set forth facts sufficient to clarify any
misleading aspects of the same. In the event you confirm the above sentences or
any other part of the above reported article, you are required to set forth
facts sufficient to support the same.
Please furnish the Exchange with your reply within one (1) market day from the
Senior Manager, Listing Operations
c.c. Securities Commission (via fax)
|Company Name||RANHILL BERHAD|
|Date Announced||5 Mar 2001|